Thursday, November 14, 2013

Let's do some paper piecing

Heya! Are you familiar with paper piecing? I love it! In case you don't know how to do some paper piecing I have a short and (hopefully) easy to follow tutorial for you. I chose the sweet Fumi with gift image from the Yumi and Fumi Handmade store.

First stamp your image on a white cardstock and colour everything that you do not want to paper piece (e.g. face, hair). Then choose a patterned paper and stamp the image on that paper too. When you do all this, this is what you should end up with.


I decided that my Fumi will have a flowery dress, light blue belt and dark blue present.

Then you carefully cut out all the pieces for the paper piecing.


And now you start putting (glueing) all the pieces together. :)

And the result ...


I hope you will give this a try - especially if you haven't done it before.

Have a great day!
Hugs! xx

3 comments:

kanatanewf said...

Excellent tutorial! I LOVE paper piecing with the Kimono series - they are just so naturally suited to the technique!

Denice said...

I never think to use the paper piecing technique....what a great idea! Thanks for the great tutorial and reminder to give it a try.

Unknown said...

Paper is so fun and easy! TFS!